The money we raise through fundraising will go towards granting Wishes for children. Ask Albie aims to make a child feel special, believe in magic, forget reality and experience happiness and excitement. We also arrange away days, team dreams, and bring Wishes to homes, wards and centres.
Ask Albie is a registered charity and our sole purpose is to grant Wishes for children who are battling illness and life threatening conditions in Essex. We believe that every child deserves a break from their illness, medication, hospitals and isolation. Although our Wishes are predominately for the children, they are also the whole family, we aim to create a treasured memory for all involved and most importantly create beaming smiles.
When: 16th July 2016 at 10am.
Where: Thorndon Country Park South, Brentwood Road, CM13 3LW
Timing: Chip Timed.
Course: Mixture of cross country and paved paths over an undulating landscape
Family Tickets - 2 Adults, 2 Children £40
Getting to the Park and Start
• Thorndon Country Park (SOUTH) is located on the A128 Brentwood Road, Brentwood, near to the Halfway House roundabout on the junction of the A128 & A127.
• Note: Thorndon Country Park SOUTH entrance.
• Nearest postcode is CM13 3LW
• When driving through the grounds, please respect other park users and keep to the 10mph speed limit.
• Car parking £3 (Brentwood Council Charge) - Please car share if possible
Facilities at the Start / Finish line
• The race information desk and Start / Finish line will be situated close to the South Pavilion. The nearest car park is the South car park. Follow the signs from the car park to find the information desk which will be open from 8:00 on the race day. Please come if you have any problems or queries.
• The park has a set of toilets that are situated close to the car park. Potable toilets will also be avalible to use.
Before the Run
• Come to the information desk and pick up your race pack.
• Fill in the Medical information on the back of your race number.
• Attach your race number on your T-Shirt. Additional pins will be available at the information desk on race day if required.
• A bag drop area can be used at the Start / Finish Line. The bag drop opens at 8:30am and closes at 9.45am. The bag drop will reopen after the race.
• Please attach the bag tag provided securely and visibly to your bag before handing it in.
• You can also hand in car keys using the process of attaching the bag tag to the keys if needed.
• Please see attached map of course route through the park.
• A Clock with the Gun time will be on display at the Start / Finish line.
• The entire route will be along traffic free paths within the park.
• All turns and crossings will have a steward on hand to direct race traffic in the correct direction.
• Fluorescent signs or flags will mark out the course.
• Although the course is traffic free, is it not pedestrian free. The park will be in use on the day to the general public and some areas might become congested. Every endeavor will be made by the stewards and race team to ensure a good racing line for the run, however please be respectful to other park users.
• Km markers will be on the course to indicate how far round the route you are.
• Always try to keep to the left of the path to allow faster runners to pass on your right.
• Paramedics from the Red Cross will be on hand for any medical emergency
• A drinks station will be at the Start/Finish line and 4km into the race.
• The drinks station will have water in cups.
All race waste is recycled where possible.